Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Artists of the Limberlost- Carol-Ann Michaelson, potter

Carol-Ann Michaelson's Wood Fired bowl

The Artists of the Limberlost Studio Tour is pleased to have Carol-Ann Michaelson as a guest potter at Brian Markham's Limberlost Woodturning studio.  The pairing of Brian's wooden platters with Carol-Ann's pottery bowls creates a beautiful display in a woodland setting.

Carol-Ann Michaelson's Tenmoku glaze bowl

Carol-Ann states, "My primary pursuit revolves around functional forms, pieces that are lovely to look at, to hold and to use.  I believe that it is through the handling and use of pottery that its true beauty is revealed.  I design pots with people and their daily rituals in mind.  I have recently purchased a gas kiln and have been enjoying the challenges the new glazes and clay bodies offer me.  I see new forms and ideas rapidly developing with this change.




For more information about the Artists of the Limberlost Studio Tour on August 18 and 19, go to


Carol-Ann's website is carolannmichaelson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment